Applications are invited for the role of Assistant Professor in School of Design, UPES.
Specialty - Design
Designation - Assistant Professor
Location - Bidholi Campus, Dehradun
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Teach Theory and Lab courses as assigned by the Dean/Director of the College or Head of the Department.
2. Evaluate student performance through quizzes, class tests, examinations, supplementary examinations etc.
3. Prepare question papers, grade answer scripts and invigilate during examination time.
4. Conduct “directed course” for selected students.
5. Design and set up labs, and add new experiments to existing labs.
6. Guide student projects at UG and PG levels, help them with reports, review articles, research papers etc.
7. Contribute to House Journal.
8. Assist in the conduct of Student admission.
9. Coordinate and participate in Industrial /field Visit for the students.
10. Supervise summer internship and visit the companies/students during the internship, if required.
11. Perform Academic Administration Jobs such as Program Director/Coordinator, Course Coordinator, etc. as and when assigned.
12. Organize and supervise seminars for students.
13. Attend Short courses, seminars, conferences, a workshop to improve own skills and /or present papers.
14. Organize conferences, workshops, short courses in areas of own expertise.
15. Write research / R&D proposals and organize grants.
16. Undertake research and/or R & D activities in-house.
17. Interact with industry, seek consultancy projects and undertake consulting assignments.
18. Assist Continuing education program by offering special lectures or designing and conducting short courses etc.
19. Develop Course material particularly in areas where materials are not available or are very expensive.
20. Ensure discipline in class and on the campus.
21. Implement new policies, procedures etc. for improving academic rigour.
22. Help as when required in :
a. Coaching students in developing special skills, preparing them for job interviews.
b. Help students placements.
c. Counsel students on their academic as well as non-academic problems.
d. Helping students with co-curricular activities and sports activities.
23. Any other duties assigned by the management from time to time.