Associate Professor of Women's studies in Gulbarga University
- Posted: 09 Mar 2018
- Role : Associate Professor
- Job Type : Full Time
Minimum Experience :
The University is looking for qualified, accomplished and committed faculty members who believe in institution-building and have a passion for academic excellence through teaching and quality research.
Applications in the prescribed online format are invited from such eligible and suitable candidates for filling-up of teaching post of Associate Professors in Women's studies disciplines on a regular basis under the Regional Local Cadre.
- Area of Specialization: Women's studies
- Functional Area: Teaching Faculty
- No. of Vacancies: 1
- Salary: The service conditions including pay band and age of superannuation shall be as per guidelines issued by GoK.
Education & Experience Requirements
||Minimum Marks required
(i) Good academic record with Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied / relevant disciplines.
(ii) A Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
(iii) A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching in relevant subject and / or research in an academic / research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution / industry excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and / or research / policy papers.
(iv) Contribution to educational innovation, the design of new curricula and courses, and technology-mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students.
(v) A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS).
A relaxation of 5% (i.e., from 60% to 55% for Management discipline and 55% to 50% for rest of the disciplines) shall be provided at the Masters level for the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Persons with Disability (PD) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teaching positions. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures
Application form to be filled only in online mode and is available on the Website of the University for the post of "Associate Professor ’’ must be sent to the University, within the prescribed time limit indicated in the advertisement. Offline forms will not be accepted. The hard copies of the online generated application along with the self- attested copies of testimonials / certificates in Eight Sets in an envelope duly superscripted “Application for the post of Associate Professor ” must be sent to The Registrar, Gulbarga University, Jnana Ganga Campus, Kalaburgi – 585 106 (Karnataka State) so as to reach the undersigned on or before 25/04/2018 upto 5.30 PM. The University is not responsible for any postal delay.
Application fee and mode of payment:
- Rs.3,000 / - for General Candidate / UR / OBC category applicants
- Rs 1,500 / - for SC / ST / Cat-1 / Physically Disabled (PD) category applicants.
- Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Payment should be made online only, through Credit / Debit card / Net Banking as provided in the payment gateway in the online application form.
- The application form shall be rejected in case payment is not received as above before the last date of closing the application.
- Payment should be made for each application separately
- Online charges are as per payment method opted.
Notification and Guidelines for the Post of Associate Professors:
- In-service candidates must forward the hard copies of the online generated application form along with all the self-attested enclosures through proper channel to be received by the undersigned on or before 25/04/2018 upto 5.30 PM.
- The candidates selected shall be appointed under a written contract as per UGC norms.
- New Pension Scheme shall govern the appointment of candidates on a regular basis (NPS)
- Call letters and other correspondence for attending the interview, etc., will be sent only to the eligible candidates by Email.
- Only matriculation / SSLC certificate / Admit card/passing certificate issued by the concerned education board will be considered as proof of date of birth. No other document will be accepted for verification of date of birth.
- The list of short-listed candidates for Interview along with details of Written Examination / Interview will be published on the University Website, i.e., www.gug.ac.in. Candidates are advised to regularly visit the University website for getting the information about progress in scrutiny work/result, important dates of written /trade/proficiency test/interview (if any). Any excuse/complaint about not visiting the University website shall not be entertained.
- Candidates must write their Email ID neatly and correctly for mailing written examination/ interview/appointment letter as an attachment. The e-mail date will be considered as the official date of dispatch and receipt of the communication. Candidates not having an e-mail-ID must create an ID and check it regularly for further communication.
- The candidates selected for appointment are expected to join at the Earliest Possible not latern than Fifteen Days.
- The service conditions including pay band and age of superannuation shall be as per guidelines issued by GoK.
- Candidates who desire to apply for more than one post will be required to submit separate applications in the prescribed format along with all the specified supporting documents and application fee along with each application.
- The applicants serving in Government / Semi-Government organizations / Public Sector Undertakings / Autonomous Bodies must submit NOC from their employer.
- Canvassing in any form may lead to cancellation of candidature.
- Commencement of online application submission- 01/03/2018 from 10.30 AM
- Last date for online application submission- 10/04/2018 upto 5.30 PM
- Last date for receipt of hard copies in EIGHT SETS of online generated application along with all the enclosures- 25/04/2018 upto 5.30 PM
Instructions to Candidates on how to fill in the Online Application Form- http://gug.ac.in/files/tch501032018.pdf
For any Clarification, queries may be sent to :- [email protected]
Caste Certificate, Rural certificate, physically disabled certificate and Ex-serviceman certificates, etc. for SCs / STs, OBCs, and Physically Disabled (PD) Candidates.