Applications are invited for the post of Professor of Genetics in Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, an Institute of national importance, is the first and largest in the chain of IITs engaged in teaching, research and development requires faculty for its academic unit. The Institute invites application from Indian nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), possessing excellent academic background, commitment to top quality teaching and proven credentials for carrying out outstanding research and development. Foreign nationals (other than PIOs and NRIs) are also invited to apply for a faculty position for fixed tenure not exceeding five years on contract basis.
|Degree||Course||Minimum Marks required|
|Associate Professor||Genetics||4 years|
Qualifications for the Post :
Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout.
Experience for the Posts:
A minimum of 10 years teaching / research / industrial experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any such other Indian or foreign Institution(s) of comparable standards.
Without any compromise on qualification, experience and competence, reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD categories is applicable as per MHRD/Government of India rules.
Pay Band (PB) and Academic Grade Pay (AGP) for the Posts: (Pay Scales are under revision of 7th CPC):
|AGP||Minimum Pay in Pay Band||Gross emoluments (approx) including DA/Transport Allowance at the prevailing rate|
|Rs.10500/-||Rs. 48000/-||Rs. 150000/-|
Academic reimbursements and other incentives:
a). Innovative Research Grant under the Institute Scheme for Innovative Research and Development (ISIRD) be provided to new faculty members upto a maximum of 25 Lakh for equipment and infrastructure and an additional 3 Lakh for consumables, contingency and travel. Additionally, a number of Research Challenge grants are available.
b). A Cumulative Professional Development Allowance (CPDA) of 3 Lakhs for every block period of 3 years (Rupees one lakh per year) may be made available to every member of the faculty on reimbursable basis to meet the expenses for participating in both national and international conferences, paying the membership fee of various professional bodies and contingent expenses.
c). An additional amount of 50,000/- is given to a faculty member for attending conferences abroad who is a Principal Investigator of a Sponsored Project amounting to at least 15 Lakhs and has at least three Published Papers in referred journals in the preceding three years.
d). Reimbursement of relocation charges within India / abroad of upto 90,000/- to the faculty members at the time of their joining.
e). Interest free soft advance of 50,000/- to the newly recruited faculty members.
f). Honorarium of 15,000/- per month to the faculty members who have been awarded the S.S. Bhatnagar Prize OR who are fellows of at least two National Academies.
g). Transport Allowance and re-imbursement of Telephone bills upto 1500/- per month as per rules.
h). Free local telephone facility in the Department as well as residences within the campus.
i). Children Education Allowances (CEA) / LTC facility as per Government of India rules.
j). Medical facility for self and other dependent family members in the B C Roy Technology Hospital within the campus and for referrals to Speciality Hospitals as per Institute rules.
Suitable residential on campus accommodation will be provided on joining th institute.
General Information :
1. Minimum requirement of experience may be relaxed in respect of outstanding candidates.
2. Degree obtained by the candidate should have been awarded by a recognized University / Institute.
3. Mere eligibility shall not vest any right on any candidate for being called for interview. The decision of the Institute in all matters will be final. No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates in connection with the process of selection / interview.
4. The Institute reserves the right to call for interview only those candidates shortlisted on the basis of their qualification, experience, research and publication records and departmental requirements, interaction in the department, etc.
5. The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all the posts advertised.
6. Persons employed in Government Organizations I Quasi Government Organizations should submit their application through proper channel.
7. Travel support to the extend of Air fare (economy class) by the shortest route within India and Institute Guest House facilities free of charges in the campus to for candidates for appearing the interview for faculty position.
8. Canvassing in any manner may entail disqualification of the candidature.
9. Any dispute with regard to the selection / recruitment process will be subject to Courts / Tribunals having jurisdiction over Kolkata.
Candidates possessing requisite qualification & experience are required to apply online (https://erp.iitkgp.ernet.in/FacultyCareer/homeFacultyCareer.jsp) and send a signed hardcopy print out of online application to:
Unless the hardcopy is received, the application will not be considered. For any other details please contact:
E-III, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur-721302, West Bengal, India
Phone: 03222- 282135/282137,
Fax: 03222- 282020,
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
If any problem encountered with online application, please contact through:
Candidates may also contact the Heads of the various Departments / Centres / Schools. Their address, phone numbers and email are available on Institute webpage.